Thursday, September 2, 2010

Charles Cramer

Charles Cramer: Maple Leaves, Mud, Clear Creek, Zion

               The photograph I chose for today's blog is one by photographer, Charles Cramer and is an excellent display of contrast.  I was instantly drawn to the picture and just loved the different elements in it.  One thing I love is the fact that the mud looks so "elegant."  Typically when you think of mud you do not think of beauty or anything that you would necessarily want to capture in any type of art.  I think that is one of the main aspects that caught me with this photograph and made me interested in his style of photography.
               One thing that I noticed throughout Cramer's photography is that he continuously uses contrast in his shots.  Whether it is color or texture he does a great job of pleasing the eye and making it study the picture.  Another thing that I found very interesting is Cramer's interest in music and how he often relates the two.  He says this first hit him when learning about famous Ansel Adams and the fact that Ansel looked at photography with a musical note.  Cramer said he instantly understood the analogys Adam's spoke of and continued to bring the musical theories into his photography. Overall I feel Charles has an excellent eye for different aspects of photography and can do a great job of drawing his viewer into his photographs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment