Saturday, November 20, 2010

Final Project

Fall Campus:  I really loved the fall colors in this picture.  I also love how sharp the close up leaves turned out and you can really get a dimensional awareness of the leaves coming out towards you.  I liked this picture how it was and didn't do any editing.  Low ISO because did not want the camera to be over sensitive to all the light come in.  Medium Aperture because of the light and the medium depth.  Medium Shutter because of the still shot.


Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 104mm
ISO: 100
f/6.3
Shutter: 1/400
Yellowstone Trip:  I liked this picture because of all the details it has.  The colors of the trees pop and the "jagged" mountain lines really catch your eye.  Then  the moon up in the top is a good way to pull the eye through the entire picture.  I did some cropping of the sky in this picture.  I chose these settings so I was able to capture all characterestics of these pictures like the moon. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 200
f/9.0
Shutter: 1/400
Glacier Park:  I took this picture when I was home over the fall and really liked it. The water did get a little blown out but I still liked the overall picture.  I did some cropping on the sides of the picture and also added some soft light to the water and other areas to darken it up.  I chose a slow shutter speed on this so I could try and get the ribbon effect.  I could have chose a little larger aperture to possibly present the water being blown out at the bottom of the fall.
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 108mm
ISO: 400
f/5.00
Shutter: 1/40
Rims:  This barn sits up on the rims and I have always loved the setting.  I did some cropping to the picture to draw more attention in to the direct image.  I also added a little saturation to create a little more emphasis on the colors. On this picture I chose a fast shutter speed and a higher aperture to create good lighting on the area since it was in a high lighting time. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 113mm
ISO: 800
f/7.1
Shutter: 1/1000
Yellowstone:  This picture was an interesting one because when I first looked at it I hated it.  It seems to have a lot of noise going on but the longer I looked at it the more I liked it.  I feel like the noise almost creates a digital vintage feel to the picture and I really liked it.  I did some cropping and brightness adjustment and also a little color saturation to play up the yellows in the picture. In this picture the low ISO created a lot of details to come out and the high aperture allowed for all areas to stay in focus.
   Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 84mm
ISO: 200
f/10
Shutter: 1/400
Clouds:  I took this picture towards the beginning of the semester and really liked it.  I love the contrast between the clouds and how layered they look.  Having all the different contrasts and shapes really draw your eye through the entire picture.  I did some cropping on the picture to draw in more focus. Since my lighting in this picture was realitivly low I used a low aperture to allow for a higher amount of light to be let in.  I also used not to fast of a shutter speed so I could pick up the wispiness of the clouds. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 82mm
ISO: 200
f/4.5
Shutter: 1/140
Yellowstone:  This picture was very much a love-hate relationship for me.  The lighting on our trip was not ideal (very bright) and it really showed in this picture.  I ended up having some very harsh side light in this picture so about half of the left side was blown out which created quite a bit of editing.  I ended up cropping out an area of it and added some soft light to the rest to darken it up. As I said, this picture did not turn out great.  If I would have used possibly a faster shutter speed so not as much light was let in and a higher aperture I could have captured a better image. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 65mm
ISO: 400
f/4.5
Shutter: 1/160
Rims:  I love the sky in this picture.  All the contrast the picture offers is great. You are getting a lot of contrast in the sky and also between the sky and the foreground.  The tree creates a sense of height and draws your eye between the dark sky and light foreground.  I did some cropping in this photo.   The problem I had with this picture is if you blow it up the picture is not as sharp as I would like.  If I would have used possibly a faster shutter speed that could have helped reduce the noise.
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 64mm
ISO: 800
f/7.1
Shutter: 1/500
Sunset:  Once again this picture has a lot of contrast that I like.  You are getting the opposite effect on this picture than the last but you still have the dark scattered clouds in the center to pull your eye through.  I did a little bit of cropping and some minor saturation adjustments to play up the colors.  I think if I would have used a lower aperture and lower ISO I would have picked up more detail on this picture would have made it a lot better.  I did use a low shutter so I picked up more of the colors and the light that was there.
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 92mm
ISO: 800
f/7.1
Shutter: 1/200
Fog:  I was not incredibly impressed with how this picture turned out but I still kinda liked it.  It is definately different which I like but I think it ended up not being quite as sharp as I would have liked. The only editing I did to this picture was a little bit of cropping
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 76mm
ISO: 400
f/14.0
Shutter: 1/250


Campus:  I love this picture.  I really love how the leaves pop against the blue sky and dark branches.  I also really love how the leaves create a frame around the shot.  I did some soft light on the branches to add a little light to show some details in the bark.  In this picture I chose the aperture mainly because of all the light I had shining on the focal point of the picture.  I also had a low ISO which picked up a lot of detail.  The slow shutter speed also offset the high aperture in the picture. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 100
f/18
Shutter: 1/60


Yellowstone:  I thought this picture turned out well because you really catch a sense of expression in the picture.  The background isn't anything to amazing but I still liked the picture.  I did some cropping to get rid of some background landscaping that distracted from the picture.  Since this shot was pretty standard and the main focus was just on the animal, I did not have to do much with settings (they are all pretty standard).  There was not much contrast between light, textures, color, etc so I could pick these standards and not worry about overthinking the shot. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 150mm
ISO: 400
f/10
Shutter: 1/200




Rims: Once again I love the dark sky in this picture and the contrast between the sky and the grass.  I did some cropping to add more of a portrait type shot and a little saturation adjustment to the grass.  In this picture I think all the details created not the best picture. The colors are good but I think if I would have used a faster shutter speed and a lower aperture, it would have created more focus on the grass with not so much blur.  I also could have used a higher ISO to allow the camera to be more sensitive to the light and detail. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 800
f/10
Shutter: 1/640


Glacier Park:  This was a challenging picture but I was pleased with how it turned out.  It is not exactly how I would like it but I still feel it captured a good picture.  I did some soft lighting to the water in the picture to try and darken some areas that got blown out.  This picture I had to have a slow shutter speed to catch the movement of the water.  I also needed a low aperture to let in light but in this case I think I could have raised the aperture a bit so some areas would not have been blown out like I said. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 84mm
ISO: 400
f/5.00
Shutter: 1/40
Yellowstone:  I love this picture mainly because of all the layering it has to offer.  You are getting many many layers with the mountains, hills, trees (dark and light) and then the single bunch of trees standing alone.  I did a little saturation adjustment to try and enhance the light colored trees.  I think the settings for this picture were all good.  The ISO allowed for good detail to show and the aperture was good for lighting.  I think the tool that would have really helped for this picture would have been a polarizer to allow the colors to pop more especially the blue sky. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 200
f/8.1
Shutter: 1/400


Beartooth Pass:  The thing I liked about this picture was, once again, the emotion.  I liked how they were all coming together and meeting head on.  I did some cropping to eliminate some of the distracting landscape in the background.  This picture I think would have benefited from a lower aperture and possibly a faster shutter speed.  I also could have lowered the ISO a bit to pick up more detail in the picture. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 150mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/500
Yellowstone:  This picture did not turn exactly how I was hoping but I still liked the reflection aspect.  I did some cropping on this picture and some soft light to brighten up the dark areas of the trees. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/250


Yellowstone:  This picture has great diagnol lines that draw your eye through the picture. I kept the picture the way it was and didn't do any editing. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/100
Yellowstone:  I liked how the blue in this picture contrasted so well with the trees and how well the trees framed the picture.  I did a little cropping on the picture to draw it in. Medium ISO allowed for some light sensitivity but not too much.  High aperture could have been used to create more depth.


Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 400
f/7.1
Shutter: 1/500


Yellowstone:  The colors and patterns in this picture really stood out to me.  I did a little saturation adjustment to brighten the greens up.
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/100


I loved the colors in this picture and also just the flow of the entire picture.  The red is very appealing, as we already know, and the different patterns draw your eye around.  I did a little bit of cropping to get rid of areas that did not add to the picture.  High aperture created good depth and details.  High ISO created more detail and light for colors.


Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO:  400
f/13
Shutter: 1/400


Yellowstone:  This was another layered setup that I really liked.  Unfortunatly the down fall to this picture is that the sky got way blown out.  I did some saturation adjustments to brighten up the colors. Should have used a higher aperture to help with the sky.  Polarizer would have helped also. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 200
f/4.5
Shutter: 1/400


Rims:  This was near the barn setting that  I really liked and I also loved this picture.  I love the fence line and how it draws your eye through the entire picture. Then with the contrast between the sky and the grass it really makes it pop.  I did some cropping of the foreground on this picture.   Faster shutter because of the still shot on moving grass.  Medium aperture to not create a great depth of field so there was the blurred background. High ISO for detail.


Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 48mm
ISO: 800
f/7.1
Shutter: 1/1000


Campus: I love this picture and how it focused so well on the center branches and the light really makes it pop.  I also like how the blurred leaves frame the picture so well without being a distraction.  I did not do any editing on this picture just because I liked it so much how it was.   Low settings were due to the low light.  Low ISO was because of the slow shutter speed because I wanted it less sensitive due to the longer exposure.


Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 123mm
ISO: 100
f/4.5
Shutter: 1/160


Yellowstone:  As I am sure you can see, the main reason I chose this picture was because it is a face!  I took this picture not even realizing that and then when I was going through I noticed it and instantly loved it.  I did not make any adjustments to the picture.   Shutter for no movement. High aperture so it did not get overexposed.   ISO for detail.


Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 40mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/100


Beartooth Pass:  Once again, I love the emotion in this picture.  I did use some soft light on the eyes to lighten them up especially where the shadow hit and I did some saturation adjustments to enhance the rock color.
Little faster shutter speed captured in action without blur.   ISO allowed for detail and texture.
                                High aperture created depth, could have overexposed more for whiteness
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 150mm
ISO: 400
f/11.0
Shutter: 1/640


Yellowstone:  The main reason I took this picture was because I was thinking of the "photography rules" and diagnol lines.  I really liked how the picture turned out especially with the distressed marks on the wood and the character it shows.  I did some saturation adjustments to play up the brown a little more.  Shutter did not have to be too quick cause there was no movement.  Ap was high so it did not overexpose.
                                ISO was set to show detail
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 64mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/100


I loved how well the yellow leaves popped in this picture.  I felt like this picture really displayed the difference rule and how it is more attractive than conformity.  I used a little soft light on this picture to darken a little bit of the wet rocks to darken some of the glare.   Shutter was medium and ap was small to let light in and ISO was set to show detail and colors.
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 74mm
ISO: 400
f/4
Shutter: 1/320


Rims:  I felt like this picture showed a lot of character.  It has a very rustic feel while also capturing the beauty of nature.  I loved how the fence draws your eye along with the blowing tumbleweed and having the barn in the background I felt enhanced the rustic feel.  I did some cropping of the foreground on this picture.  ISO was high for details. Ap was set to medium so it created some depth but not a lot.
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 57mm
ISO: 800
f/7.1
Shutter: 1/1250


Yellowstone:  This picture displays great colors and lines which is what I really loved about it.  I love the areas where the water is sparkling and where the light is hitting and causing the colors to pop.  I did some cropping on the right corner for this picture. 
Camera: Olympus E510
Lens: 40-150mm
Focal Length: 65mm
ISO: 400
f/11
Shutter: 1/50

No comments:

Post a Comment