Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Padlock Ranch

Padlock Ranch Horse by William Albert Allard
        For this weeks photo I did one by William Albert Allard who was featured on National Geographics photo of the day.  The main reason I chose this picture was because it was actually taken here in Montana.  The photo is a reminder of the winters we face in beautiful Montana and the sense of emotion you get from the horse is perfect. 
        Overall I found the picture to be really good and really drawing.  You almost feel the cold by looking at it and I think this is an excellent key to a photo.  You want to draw the observer in and I think Allard did just that.  I don't know if it is because I am a Montanan and know how biting that blowing cold can be or if it is purely the picture but I feel he did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment